Polenta with Mushroom Ragout
A warming Autumn dish that makes the most of the earthy flavours of swiss brown mushrooms. This dish is gluten free, just check that the stock you use contains no gluten.
- 1 T Organic butter or Olive Oil
- 400 g Tin Organicdiced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 t Organic dried rosemary
- 1 clv Russian (elephant) garlic
- 1⁄2 t Organic dried thyme
- 2 Organic onions (medium)
- 500 g Organic White button Mushrooms
- Splash balsamic vinegar
- 500 g Organic Swiss Brown Mushrooms
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 1 l Organic Vege Stock
- 250 g Organic Instant Polenta
- 1 Organic Lemon
- 1 T Organic Butter of Olive Oil
Dice onion, and sautee with garlic and splash of balsamic vinegar, cook until transparent, cut mushrooms in half, and add to pan. Cook on high heat for 3 or 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and herbs cook for further 15 minutes, and serve over polenta.
Bring to boil 1 litre vege stock, add 250g instant polenta lower heat and gently stir for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add good knob of butter, the zest of 1 lemon, and a handful of chopped parsley. Spoon into serving bowls add ragout and sprinkle over some crumbled feta, and finish with cracked pepper.
Mark from Kamel Cafe